RCS has been engaged in the field for 40 years, as the profession evolved from ad hoc contingency planning to its current professional portfolio of functions and responsibilities.
- Supported the review and analysis of the DC Government Y2K program and assisted the City Administrator as Senior Advisor for Contingency Planning for more than 150 DC department and agency contingency plans.
- Supported DC EMA in the analysis and reformulation of its emergency management program post 911 including drafting the first District Response Plan. Conducted orientation and training for the Mayor and his staff on the execution of the DRP. Formulated the DC program to be compliant with EMAP and assisted the District in gaining accreditation.
- Supported the Washington Metropolitan Council of Governments and NCR UASI SAA in development of its UASI HSGP submission.
- Supported the Department of Homeland Security in the facilitation of a Senior Executive Service workshop for more than 100 SES from all DHS components on natural and technical hazards response.
- Supported DHS in the assessment and inventory of all Katrina After Action Report issues based upon the NFPA 1600 Standard categories.